On Friday, 14 July the new documentary by Lithuanian director Olga Černovaitė, Butterfly City, produced by Dublin-based Jeremiah Cullinane for Planet Korda Pictures, will celebrate its world premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh as part of the official selection.
Butterfly City is a portrait of the purpose-built Russian-speaking Lithuanian city Visaginas, refusing to die along with its defunct Soviet-era nuclear power plant. At a moment of economic turbulence and political tension, the residents face an uncertain future.
- July 13, 2017 Olga Černovaitė, director of ‘Butterfly City’
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 31, 2013 Call For: Entries for Galway Film Fleadh 2013
- January 23, 2013 Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 24, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Tickets now available…
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- July 27, 2015 Review of Irish Film at Galway Film Fleadh: ‘An Náisiún’ & ‘Deoch an Dorais’
- July 13, 2013 Galway Film Fleadh: ‘Here Was Cuba’ review