James Allen (Laurence O’Fuarain) is a successful, controlling, thirty-something banker living alone and working in Dublin city at the tail-end of the recession. When a family tragedy occurs at the hands of his employer he decides to take action which forces him to face a terrible childhood secret. Meanwhile, his mysterious co-worker Alison (IFTA-nominated Sarah Carroll) has her own agenda, which puts her on a collision course with James, triggering a dark spiral of deceit, revenge, and murder.
Gemma Creagh met up with writer/director Alan Mulligan to talk about his look at modern-day greed and desire, and society’s ever-growing need for control.
The Limit Of was released in cinemas on 5th April 2019 and is still playing in The Eye Galway and Mayo Movie World.
- December 17, 2017 ‘The Limit Of…’ Director Alan Mulligan & Actor Laurence O’Fuarain
- July 29, 2019 GAZE International LGBT Film Festival Roundtable
- December 8, 2017 Alan Maher, producer of ‘Song of Granite’
- July 11, 2017 Len Collin, Director of ‘Sanctuary’
- January 25, 2019 Viko Nikci, Writer/Director of ‘Cellar Door’
- March 15, 2019 Stephen Shields, Writer of ‘The Hole in the Ground’
- June 30, 2017 Laura McGann, Director of ‘Revolutions’
- January 10, 2019 Kate Dolan
- September 4, 2015 Video Interview: M. Night Shyamalan, writer/director of ‘The Visit’
- June 23, 2017 Tom Ryan, Writer / Director of ‘Twice Shy’