Every year Disney offer 12 month internships to the brightest individuals who can really add something to this magical business. The programme offers the opportunity to gain first hand work experience within your chosen degree discipline.
Head count in the Irish studio team is a tight 4 (each of whom holds at responsibility for a number of areas). This consists of VP/GM (who also holds marketing director responsibilities); Publicity and promotions manager; trade and digital executive and sales manager (who also manages technical needs). The team is also supported administratively (3 days per week/PA to GM) and a sales consultant for holiday cover bringing the wider studio team to 6.
You will be working as part of the core studio marketing and publicity team.
The team is based in the Disney offices in Dublin. Other LOBs based in the office include Retail and Parks & Resorts.
In this role you will primarily assisting the marketing and publicity team. This internship is vital in ensuring the teams delivery in 2016-2017. Specifically, the role with the Irish Studio Marketing team will involve production of campaign reports for internal use; administration support on marketing budgets and marketing related SAP; preparation of locally relevant decks (including national/Irish research) for external pitching and communications with trade, promotional & media partners (approximately 75%). As well as supporting all appropriate marketing, publicity & event activity (approximately 25%).
Other areas of responsibility:
- Supporting the wider Marketing team company-wide as ‘Irish Experts’ which involves working with the lines of business based in Ireland (store, retail and parks/resorts) to maximize results; and also lines of business operating in Ireland from the UK (Disney Media Distribution; Channel; Interactive; Consumer products; Franchise) to whom the team provides guidance and support via campaigns; contacts; publicity & event management where & as appropriate.
- You’ll support the General Manager in helping grow the Disney brand and business in Ireland including marketing and publicity support in planning; research and reporting of incremental business opportunity and activity.
- General Admin duties.
Note: Given the nature of the work; it involves working regular evening and weekend events.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the right to work in Ireland.
- Be studying towards a related degree e.g. related Marketing, Media or Business based degree.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at prioritising and a natural ability to tackle various admin duties
- A passion for Marketing
- A knowledge of the film & entertainment industry.
Essential to the success of this role:
- Creativity and innovation – Demonstrate creative thinking and ability to construct knowledge.
- Communication and collaboration – Use media (digital and traditional) and environments to communicate and work collaboratively.
- Research and Information fluency – Ability to apply all appropriate tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making – critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate tools (digital and traditional) and resources.
- Technology operations and concepts – demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations and an ability to utilise same.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s most leading entertainment company! There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please click through to the following link to attach an up to date CV and covering letter; please ensure you include the following in your covering letter:
- Why have you chosen Disney as the organisation to complete your internship?
- Why have you chosen this preferred placement area (i.e. Marketing etc.)?
- Why should the Disney team choose you for the next 12 months?
Application deadline: Thursday 2nd March 2017
Please note, due to the volume of applicants, we will not consider applicants who are not returning to full time education in September 2018.