With the imminent release of A Day Like Today on Vimeo from this Friday, 1st April, director Gerard Walsh will donate his revenue of the first month to the charity IIA, which provides information and support for Autistic children and adults, and family and friends of people with Autism. The film will be also screened this Friday in Filmbase Temple Bar and all proceeds again donated to the charity.
A Day Like Today tells the story of Alice, a woman whose marriage is on the rocks. She has a chance encounter with Joe (a homeless man with an unknown past). When the two troubled characters meet, they decide to take a day off and just enjoy each other’s company.
- July 14, 2015 Review of Irish Film at Galway Film Fleadh: A Day Like Today
- September 13, 2013 Shooting a Feature Film on a Shoestring
- October 8, 2013 Shooting a Feature Film on a Shoestring – Part IV
- November 12, 2013 Shooting a Feature Film on a Shoestring – Part V
- September 18, 2013 Shooting a Feature Film on a Shoestring – Part II
- November 21, 2016 Irish Film Review: South
- November 23, 2016 Podcast Interview: Gerard Walsh wri/dir of ‘South’
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 21, 2013 Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 23, 2013 Digital Biscuit: ‘Side by Side’ screening and Live Talk: The Digital Direction