Tank is a short documentary made by Irish production company Taller Stories about one man’s battle with Muscular Dystrophy and facing up to and conquering the limitations that face him in everyday life.
Simon Jameson is not a normal 27 year old. Not because he suffers a terminal condition and is wheelchair bound, but because he doesn’t let that stop him from running his life and holds more optimism and enthusiasm than most people you’ve ever met.
The story of Simon is filled with struggles, having lost his brother already to the terminal condition, and how society views people with a disability. Despite this Simon has managed to carve out his own destiny and continues to prove both doctors and others wrong by overcoming the limitations that face him.
The film, released on Facebook
, has garnered over 200,000 views and has reached people all over the world within a matter of 38 hours. It’s truly an inspirational and uplifting story and one that deserves the attention of an Irish audience.
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 23, 2013 Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’
- January 22, 2013 Watch ‘Irish Folk Furniture’ – A film by Tony Donoghue
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 25, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Special Event – Brainbelt Illustration Collective team up with Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch
Category: News, Short Film