Director John Carney and lead actors Ferdia Walsh-Peelo and Mark McKenna will attend the IFI for a Q&A following the opening night screening of their new film Sing Street on Friday March 18th. The screening will start at 8pm.With money tight in a boozy, middle-class 1980s Dublin household, youngest son Conor (Ferdia Walsh-Peelo) is forced to transfer from his private school to the Brothers in Synge Street where posh new boys are easy prey for the school bullies. Working on relationship advice and musical cues from his much-admired, louche, older brother (Jack Reynor), he forms a band to attract a sophisticated older woman (Lucy Boynton) who he persuades to appear in a series of music videos.
Tickets for this screening + Q&A are available now from the IFI Box Office on 01 679 3477 or online at www.ifi.ie.
Sing Street opens in cinemas nationwide on St. Patrick’s Day.
- March 17, 2016 Video Interview: ‘Sing Street’ Actor Jack Reynor and Director John Carney
- March 17, 2016 Irish Film Review: Sing Street
- February 19, 2016 ADIFF Irish Film Review: Sing Street
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- August 13, 2016 Interview with Lucy Boynton & Ferdia Walsh-Peelo of ‘Sing Street’ – Out Now on DVD
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
- January 14, 2016 Trailer: Sing Street
- July 20, 2010 Neil Sinyard talk on Woody Allen
- July 24, 2012 Galway Film Fleadh 2012 Cinema Review: The Rafters
- June 25, 2014 ‘ Begin Again’ Wins in Shanghai
Category: Events, News