11th Jameson Dublin International Film Festival (14-24 February 2013)
Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God
Thurs, 15th February
Light House 1
The film examines the abuse of power in the Catholic Church through the story of four courageous deaf men, who in the first known case of public protest, set out to expose the priest who abused them. Produced by Below The Radar Films the film which was funded by IFB, HBO and Wide View has previously screened at the Toronto International Film Festival, BFI London Film Festival, IDFA and JDIFF.
Director Alex Gibney will attend the screening and will host a masterclass on documentary film-making on Thursday 14 February.
Book tickets here or drop into Filmbase.
- October 16, 2012 Element Pictures Distribution Acquire New Alex Gibney Documentary: ‘Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God’
- December 10, 2012 Irish Documentary on Sexual Abuse in the Catholic Church Shortlisted for an Oscar®
- February 19, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God
- April 15, 2013 ‘What Richard Did’ wins Best Film at the 32nd Istanbul International Film Festival
- January 25, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Special Event – Brainbelt Illustration Collective team up with Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- February 22, 2013 Cinema Review: Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God
- January 25, 2013 Keith Potter Named as New IFB Project Manager
- September 6, 2012 13 Irish Films in 56th BFI London Film Festival