Atlantic is the latest film from the makers of the multi-award-winning documentary, The Pipe (2010). Directed by Risteard O’Domhnaill and edited by Nigel O’Regan, the film follows the fortunes of three small fishing communities – in Ireland, Norway and Newfoundland – which are at turns united and divided by the Atlantic Ocean.
Grace Corry sat down with director Risteard O’Domhnaill ahead of the film’s screening at the Audi Dublin International Film Festival to discuss the mounting challenges the communities face within their own industries.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Soundcloud
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to the Film Ireland RSS feed
Atlantic screens at Cineworld on Thursday, 25th February 2016 at 8:30PM
The 2016 Audi Dublin International Film Festival takes place 18 -28 February 2016.
Click here for a preview of the Irish films screening at the festival
Click here for the full list of films
- March 5, 2016 ADIFF Irish Film Review: Atlantic
- February 8, 2017 Podcast: Interview with Grainne Humphreys, ADIFF 2017 Festival Director
- April 22, 2016 Podcast Interview: Garret Daly, Director of ‘Who is Dervla Murphy?’
- March 2, 2016 Podcast: Interview with Cathal Black
- July 25, 2016 Podcast: Interview with GAZE Festival Director Noel Sutton, and Programmer Roisín Geraghty
- February 15, 2016 Podcast Interview: Grainne Humphreys, ADIFF Festival Director
- April 8, 2016 Podcast Interview: IFI Spotlight 2016
- November 2, 2016 Podcast: Interview with Paddy Breathnach, Director of ‘Viva’
- February 17, 2016 Interview: Dave Tynan, writer/director of ‘The Cherishing’
- February 23, 2016 Interview: Aodh Ó Coileáin, director of ‘Fís Na Fuiseoige’