Saturday, 22nd February 2014
12.30PM @ Light House
The Irish feature comedy Gold, written and directed by IFTA-winning Niall Heery (Small Engine Repair) and funded by Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) stars David Wilmot (Ripper Street, Shadow Dancer), James Nesbitt (The Hobbit) and Kerry Condon (This Must Be The Place, The Runway).
Wilmot plays a wandering loner, Ray, who tries to track down his estranged ex-partner (Condon) and teenage daughter (played by Maisie Williams) so that his dying father can see his grand-daughter one last time.
Speaking to Film Ireland, director Niall Heery said, “Gold is a comedy about a disconnected man, played by David Wilmot, who returns to his hometown in order to visit his ailing father. He finds himself forced to reconnect with his estranged daughter and ex-partner who have built a new life with his former PE Teacher, a regimental control freak played by Jimmy Nesbitt. He ends up moving into the trophy room in the house where they all live and proves to be an unruly force of nature, unwittingly causing total mayhem and destruction.
“I’m delighted to have the film screening at the Dublin Film Festival. My first film Small Engine Repair played here and I was thrilled with the reception it got. I genuinely love the festival, it always has a really exciting programme. I’m sure it’ll prove to be a great platform for Gold.”
Tickets are available to book from Filmbase or online here
The 12th Jameson Dublin International Film Festival runs 13 – 23 February 2014.
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- July 18, 2014 ‘Gold’ in Cinemas This Autumn
- October 21, 2014 Gold
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – Broken
- July 3, 2014 Gold: Preview of Irish Film at the Galway Film Fleadh
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Story Campus DAY TWO Sunday, Feb 17th
- April 15, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with Niall Heery, writer/director of ‘Gold’
- January 24, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Tickets now available…
- February 12, 2014 JDIFF 2014: Irish Film Preview – Living In A Coded Land
- February 5, 2014 JDIFF 2014: Irish Film Preview – Come into The Gardens