The Writers Guild of Ireland wishes to appoint a Director to replace David Kavanagh, who is taking a post in Europe.
The Guild are seeking a dynamic and driven person, who can manage and develop their existing goals and policies and, building on their ambitions for the Guild, lead the organisation in its next stage. The ideal candidate should have excellent negotiation skills, some experience in policy development and execution, and be passionate about the arts in Ireland, and writers and their requirements in particular.
The Director will represent the organisation nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will have knowledge or experience of negotiation, familiarity with principles of copyright contracts and a good understanding of the film, television and theatre industries in Ireland. The guild is in receipt of state funding and a knowledge of application processes and procedures would be an advantage. The full-time post is for a minimum of three years, based on a six-month probation period and an annual salary review. Annual salary €40,000.
Additional information and a description of the application and appointment procedure can be received on request from: info[at]script.ie
Applications including c.v. should be emailed to: info[at]script.ie by COB Friday, May 24th 2019.
Initial interviews will take place on Thursday 6th or Friday 7th June 2019.
The successful candidate is expected to start work on or about the 2nd September 2019.
Reporting directly to the Inward Production Manager this role supports the Inward Production Department in attracting international film and television production to Ireland as well as supporting national projects in Ireland. The candidate will be responsible for project monitoring, online locations database management and website content as well as the creation of marketing materials for producers/ studio executives. The candidate will assist the Inward Production Manager with project queries, locations recces and scouts, and in the key priorities of enhancing film production across Ireland and the promotion of the Irish film industry on an international level. Key to this role will be providing necessary administrative support to the Inward Production Manager in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Click here To find out more about the role, including key responsibilities and the application process.
Fis Eireann/Screen Ireland is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
Film is a short neo-noir that will hopefully be developed into a feature length story. Unpaid but all expenses covered. Role is for a woman aged 20 to 40. Character has to pass for Arabic in appearance. Must have passport as there will be a four-day shoot in a country in Europe.
Apply with CV to email@example.com
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
Story Consultant — Role Description
The role will consist of working with the three Project Managers on scripts that are in mid to late stage development to help improve quality. This will involve assessing with the Project Manager where the issues with a script lie and communicating this to the producing teams through meetings and/or written notes. The Script Consultant may be the first read on a project that has delivered during a development stage – this is to help with time frames and the progress of projects. This is not intended to replace the role of the script editor employed by the production company, rather it is to help the Project Manager team focus on the crucial late stages of development.
Story Consultant — Essential Experience
- Strong proven track record of working in the film and television industry is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the script development process including script editing.
- Experience of working directly with writers, directors and producers in the development and script editing process.
Story Consultant — Essential Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under tight pressure and deadlines.
- A positive forward thinking approach to the task in hand.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV and covering letter that highlights relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th January 2018 at 5.30 pm.
As part of your covering letter address the Essential Experience and the Essential Qualities and also please set out a statement on your own vision for improving quality of Irish screenplays.
This position will be offered as a 1 year contract which may be extended at the discretion of IFB. The Story Consultant position will be offered as a Contract for Services.
The remuneration will be offered at a €40,000 for the services.
The Independent Production Unit in TV3 is compiling a panel of producers, assistant producers and researchers with experience in documentary programme making, who might be available to work on projects on a freelance basis from 2018 onwards.
If you are interested in applying to be part of this panel, please forward your CV and cover letter outlining relevant experience to email@example.com with ‘IPU Panel’ in the subject heading by 8th December.
Please outline the date you are available from or notice period, as well as your salary expectation.
TV3 is an equal opportunities employer.
Windmill Lane Pictures are seeking an experienced Digital Media / VT Operator to join their Digital Media and VT department. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of four years experience within the post production industry.
- An in-depth knowledge of various non-linear editing systems including Avid, FCP and Premiere Pro as well as familiarity with Photoshop and DVD Studio.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of common file formats. Dispatching digital media across a range of online platforms is an everyday task.
- Familiarity with file based workflows from initial acquisition to final broadcast and DPP delivery requirements.
- A basic understanding of cinema deliverables and the creation of DCPs would be a distinct advantage.
- The ability to coherently advise clients on broadcast and cinema technologies.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail to ensure the highest standards of quality control while adhering to broadcaster’s detailed specifications
- Computer literacy and a technical aptitude is essential as the role necessitates a methodical approach to troubleshooting both hardware and software issues.
- An understanding of XMLs and use of metadata
- A thorough knowledge of VT broadcast formats
- Excellent attention to detail
Applications including detailed CV strictly by email only to recruit @ windmilllane.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Apply Now / Email: recruit @ windmilllane.com
Deadline: 3rd April 2015