Screen Skills Ireland are recruiting for the part-time, contract position of Animation Development Consultant.
The role will focus primarily on developing and growing the new CGI Technical Artist Apprenticeship programme delivered in partnership with TU Dublin. This will be a part-time contract position and is envisaged as 3 days per week for a 6-9 month period between March-December 2020. The role will require additional work as outlined below.
The Animation Development Consultant should have knowledge of programme development and delivery, especially in the area of Apprenticeships, in Animation, VFX, Gaming and related sectors, which includes studio work practices, industry-standard software, technical skills such as the 3D pipeline and an in depth understanding of future trends and technologies in the space.
The Animation Development Consultant will be required to have a strong link to the VFX, Animation and Gaming studios in Ireland.
The role will consist of:
- Developing, growing and promoting the CGI Technical Artist Apprenticeship Programme to companies, to industry stakeholders, to prospective students and to the wider public.
- Organising and taking minutes at Consortium Steering Group meetings for the CGI Technical Artist Apprenticeship programme.
- Liaising with TU Dublin, key industry stakeholders like Animation Ireland, Animation Skillnet, VFXAI, IMIRT and key education organisations like SOLAS, the HEA and regional skills forum managers on the development of animation programmes and the animation sector in Ireland generally.
- Completing Funding Applications, spearheading Curriculum Development and Validation of new Animation Programmes.
- Identification of Key Industry Tutors in the animation and related areas.
- Identifying skills gaps across animation, games, VFX and VR/AR.
- Liasing with the third level sector on interventions to assist graduates be industry ready and liaising with secondary level on the topic of careers in the animation and related sectors.
- Working with SSI on the effective roll out of new Section 481 Skills Development requirements across the animation and related sectors.
- This list is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related additional tasks.
Essential Experience and Qualities
- Experience of working nationally/internationally in the Visual Effects Industry and Animation Industry across creative and/or technical areas.
- Experience of working in training and/or education provision, preferably across Animation, VFX and Games.
- Experience in apprenticeship development and/or delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- A forward thinker and ideas generator.
- A track record of project delivery.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24th of February 2020.
This part-time contract will run over a 6-9 month period, remunerated at €250 per day (up to a maximum of 120 days). The successful candidate will not be exclusive to SSI but will be required to abide by the Screen Ireland Code of Conduct and Conflicts of Interest rules. The successful candidate must be available to start immediately.
The role will be based in Dublin though some occasional travel may be required.