In this podcast, Gemma Creagh is joined by Carmen García and Dr Jennifer O’Meara to talk about the Dublin Feminist Film Festival, which runs 22 – 24 August 2019.
Carmen García is a feminist videojournalist, journalist and filmmaker. Her film Tra na mban / Ladies Beach screens at the festival as part of the shorts programme on Thursday, 22nd August.
Dr Jennifer O’Meara is an Assistant Professor in Film Studies at Trinity College Dublin, and a programming manager for the Dublin Feminist Film Festival.
Tra na mban / Ladies Beach (2019) Mexico (6.36)
Dir. Carmen Garcia Gonzalez
In the west coast of Ireland, a group of Irish women 40 to 80 years old swim every morning in the Atlantic cold waters come rain or shine. Martell, who hasn’t missed a day in 10 years now, let us know how is it for her and the swimmers to meet at the Ladies Beach in Galway, vent together under the cold water and share a hot coffee and a warm chat afterwards. A tight-knit bunch brought together by their love to the sea.
- July 29, 2019 GAZE International LGBT Film Festival Roundtable
- October 22, 2019 Shelly Love, Director of ‘A Bump Along the Way’
- December 11, 2019 Aoife Crehan, Writer/Director of ‘The Last Right’
- November 20, 2019 Iffy Film Festival Roundtable Podcast
- December 23, 2019 ‘The Wild Bunch’ at 50
- April 6, 2019 Reel Horror Show: Episode 11
- April 19, 2019 Alan Mulligan, Writer/Director of ‘The Limit Of’
- January 24, 2015 InConversation with Nick Ryan
- October 28, 2015 Podcast Interview: Rachel Lysaght, Women In Film and Television Ireland & Dr. Jennifer O’Meara, Feminist Film Festival
- December 13, 2019 Wayne Byrne, Author of ‘Burt Reynolds on Screen’