Harp Media Student Short Film and Screenplay Competition
The Harp Media Student Short Film and Screenplay Competition is a Broadcasting Authority of Ireland sponsored initiative aimed at promoting filmmaking amongst secondary school students in the midlands. It will will welcome submissions from secondary school students in Longford, Westmeath and Cavan. The competition will have two categories: Best Short Film Screenplay (Maximum 12 pages) and Best Short Film (Maximum 12 minutes). There is a prize of €250 for each category as well as filmmaking equipment.
The objective of the competition is to facilitate and nurture a new range of voices in the midlands by encouraging students to create their audio visual work. Training sessions will be held in early 2019 that will look at screenwriting, film production and the current Irish film landscape. If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions for the Harp Media Short Film and Screenplay Competition in partnership with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland are:
- Entrants must be a student in one of the participating midlands counties – Longford, Westmeath or Cavan.
- Short films should be no more than 12 minutes.
- Scripts should be no more than 12 pages.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, 15th March via email to email@example.com.
- Scripts accepted via email. Films can be sent via Vimeo or YouTube links, as well as via file sharing platform WeTransfer.
For further details, head over to website www.harpmedia.ie or follow on Instagram @harpmediafilms, Facebook @harpmediafilm and Twitter @harp_media.