Screen Ireland and Creative BC (British Columbia, Vancouver) have entered into a relationship to co-develop a number of film and television projects. This co-development will enable up to four projects access development finance from both territories.
The intent of this financing is to foster film and television production between Irish producers and producers based in the BC area. The total value of the funding available is CA$150,000*. The maximum amount available to any one project CA$40,000 and funding will be allocated on a 50/50 basis from both agencies. Projects require the involvement of both an Irish resident producer(s) and a BC resident producer(s). Applicants will first need to apply to Screen Ireland with their project. If approved, an application will then need to be made to Creative BC by the BC resident producer(s).
*euro amount will be applied on the date of award.
Who Can Apply
Applications can be made by Irish producers (independent production companies registered in the Republic of Ireland which have an office and staff based in the Republic of Ireland) who have partnered with a BC resident producers(s). An official international co-production agreement will need to be in place between the Irish and BC Company and this must be evidenced from the application stage.
There must be clear access to the necessary rights in any material that is to be adapted for the screen, and an agreement with the screenwriter they wish to commission.
Eligible projects may include:
• Feature film destined for theatrical release (live action or animated),
• International TV drama series,
• Creative documentary intended for theatrical release
How to Apply
• Logline & Synopsis
• Description of Development activity to be undertaken including an explanation of the Co-Development Structure, describing the principal producer’s company and track record, the work to be undertaken by the principal and the Irish producers respectively
• Finance Plan
• Number of Episodes (TV Series only)
• Estimated Running Time per Episode (TV Series only)
• Detailed Treatment and/or Screenplay
• Development Budget
• Evidence of ownership of rights in all relevant material and official co-production agreement
Applications can be made by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Screen Ireland-Creative BC International Co-Development Fund: PROJECT TITLE”. The deadline for receipt of applications is 30th of September 2018. Find out more here.