Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
Story Consultant — Role Description
The role will consist of working with the three Project Managers on scripts that are in mid to late stage development to help improve quality. This will involve assessing with the Project Manager where the issues with a script lie and communicating this to the producing teams through meetings and/or written notes. The Script Consultant may be the first read on a project that has delivered during a development stage – this is to help with time frames and the progress of projects. This is not intended to replace the role of the script editor employed by the production company, rather it is to help the Project Manager team focus on the crucial late stages of development.
Story Consultant — Essential Experience
- Strong proven track record of working in the film and television industry is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the script development process including script editing.
- Experience of working directly with writers, directors and producers in the development and script editing process.
Story Consultant — Essential Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under tight pressure and deadlines.
- A positive forward thinking approach to the task in hand.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV and covering letter that highlights relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th January 2018 at 5.30 pm.
As part of your covering letter address the Essential Experience and the Essential Qualities and also please set out a statement on your own vision for improving quality of Irish screenplays.
This position will be offered as a 1 year contract which may be extended at the discretion of IFB. The Story Consultant position will be offered as a Contract for Services.
The remuneration will be offered at a €40,000 for the services.