Inform. Debate. Inspire.
Friday 18 November | The River Lee | 1100 | €30
Doc Day is Cork Film Festival’s new rich and packed day exploring trends in Irish and global documentary.
- Kim Longinotto (dir., Pink Saris, Dreamcatcher)
- Sarafina DiFelice (Associate Director of Programme, Hot Docs)
- Luke W Moody (Director of Film Programming, Sheffield Doc/Fest)
- Laure Bonville (Documentary programmer, BFI London Film Festival)
- Oli Harbottle (Head of Distribution, Dogwoof)
- Mike Lerner (prod./dir., Roast Beef Productions, The Russian Woodpecker, Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer)
- Hamish Moseley (Head of Distribution, Altitude Films)
- Rich Warren (Director, Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival)
- Anna Berthollet (Festivals & Non-Theatrical Sales Executive, Taskovski Sales and Distribution)
- Patrick O’Neill (CEO, Wildcard Distribution)
- Maya Zinshtein (dir., Forever Pure)
- Alan Maher (prod., Forever Pure)
Explores current trends and recent shifts in documentary programming worldwide.
This session poses questions to distributors on the global trends in documentary distribution and the current changes in the industry.
Social Change and the Campaigning Documentary
The outgoing Head of Film at BRITDOC, Luke W Moody, now Director of Film
Programming at Sheffield Doc/Fest, discusses the commissioning landscape of journalistic and social change documentaries.
Portrait of an Independent Production Company Roast Beef Productions (The Russian Woodpecker, Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer) is one of Europe’s fastest growing and most impactful independents. Co-founder Mike Lerner will talk about his company’s practice, and why he’s big in Ukraine.
Renowned documentarian Kim Longinotto will present the keynote lecture to close out the day.
corkfilmfest.org | 021 427 1711