Closing date: Monday March 7, 2016 10am
Production designers required with artistic, creative, and organisational skills for the upcoming feature film The Randomer. Written by Gerry Stembridge, whose film work includes Guiltrip (1995), About Adam (2000), Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000), Nora (co-written with Pat Murphy) (2000), and Alarm (2008).
The Randomer will be produced by the students of the 2016 Masters in Digital Feature Film Feature Film Making at Filmbase, Dublin.
In line with all crew and cast members, this is an unpaid position for the project. However, this is an excellent opportunity to gain a credit on a feature length film written by a renowned writer and also acts as an excellent networking opportunity with emerging filmmakers in Dublin. Expenses and travel will be paid for.
Interviews are to take place on Tuesday 8th of March in Filmbase, 2 Curved St, Dublin 2. The project is currently in preproduction, so the successful candidate should be able to step into the role immediately following the interviews. Shooting is provisionally set for 3 weeks in April 2016.
- Defining and managing every visual aspect of the film
- Working with the Director and Producer to produce a budget and schedule
- Directing the team responsible for producing the visual elements e.g., sets and costumes
A strong passion for visuals and a creative background. Not limited to those with a degree, but must possess the following:
- Be able to work digitally (Photoshop, Flash etc. – After Effects would be an advantage)
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension, dynamism and a great sense of colour
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively
- Be well organized with good time management skills
Email an up-to-date copy of your CV and a portfolio attachments / links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subject your email “Production Designer vacancies”.
For further information contact Aisling at 085 276 2682.