Closing date: February 29, 2016
Production Designers required with artistic, creative and technical experience in animated series and features.
About the Positions
Stiuideo Telegael are hiring a number of Production Designers with previous production experience in 2D animated series. Stiuideo Telegael are seeking portfolios/reels that show strong artistic, creative and technical understanding of human and not-so-human forms; a variety of styles; mouth charts, hand charts and turnarounds. Very strong knowledge and understanding of perspective is a must and should be shown in your previous work. While the current series is 2D Flash it would be an advantage to have worked on CGi series or features. Having worked as a location designer or possession of a strong location design portfolio would also be beneficial.
To start on 1st March 2016 at our Manor House studio, located at Stiuideo Telegael, Tully Industrial Estate, Baile na hAbhainn, Co. Galway
- Working with the Design Supervisor to create performable characters and props according to the style of the production.
- Translating character and prop descriptions from script/animatic to visual design.
- Creating model sheets for props and character turnarounds and mouth charts, expressions as required.
- Meeting the visual style of the show while working with archive materials from previous seasons.
- Creating assets and bringing them to final colour model stages, ready for animation production packs.
- 3+ years professional experience designing characters and props in Flash
- Have a strong drawing ability, both traditionally and digitally, and a solid sense of design for 2D animation
- Possess a high degree of proficiency in Photoshop and Flash
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation college is desirable
- Be able to work digitally (Photoshop, Flash etc. – After Effects would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable industry experience in design for CGi series and feature would be an asset
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension, dynamism and a great sense of colour
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively
- Be well organized with good time management skills
Email an up-to-date copy of your resume and a portfolio attachments / links to email@example.com
Please subject your email “Production Designer vacancies”.
For further information contact Yvonne Hennessy at Telegael on 091 558 600