Irish TV is looking for a Broadcast Scheduler.
This role will be based in the head office in Westport, Co. Mayo.
Reporting to: Director of Programme Planning and Scheduling
Purpose of Job: To work as part of the broadcasting team within the Scheduling Department.
- To build and update the planning schedule, prepare and print weekly and quarterly schedules.
- To prepare the Irish TV Schedule for press confirmation and associated reports as required
- To oversee the creation of the Irish TV transmission schedules.
- To liaise with other departments as required.
- To return music reports to the relevant collection societies.
- To maintain and update programme libraries and reports.
- To provide local independent /in- house producers with programme details.
- To maintain suitable standby lists for emergency transmission use.
- To arrange playouts and programme delivery as required to meet transmission needs.
- To maintain a working knowledge of local programme contracts.
- To have a good understanding of the regulatory body codes and requirements.
- To provide daily scheduling updates and contribute to discussions re scheduling problems and suggest solutions/options for improvement.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties requested by management.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience of working with a broadcast scheduling system essential
- Excellent knowledge of broadcast environment and processes
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Able to work with people at all levels within the business
Apply Now / Email: info @ irishtv.ie
Deadline: 28th February