Spotlight on Ireland at BANFF World Media Festival
In order to raise the profile of Irish/Canadian co-production, Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) has partnered with the Banff World Media Festival which takes place in Banff, Canada from 9-12 June 2013, to create a territory “Spotlight on Ireland”and will provide support to six Irish production companies to participate at this networking event. Our aim is to raise awareness of the opportunities created by the official bilateral co-production treaty that exists between our two countries.
The IFB will cover the cost of six delegate badges as well as providing financial assistance of €1,000 towards travel and accommodation for the six successful producer applicants. This offer is available to one producer applicant per company, and they can sponsor a maximum of six companies.
The “Spotlight on Ireland” delivers a package of benefits including profiling the six travelling companies on the Banff website, Banff hard copy publications, and Banff e-mail blasts.
Most importantly, you will have access to the full delegate list, in order to book your meetings in advance via the Banff Connect online meeting portal.
For over three decades, the Banff World Media Festival has brought leaders from across the evolving media landscape to the heart of the Canadian Rockies for a totally unique experience.
Attracting over 150 development executives and a wide-ranging cross-section of television professionals from around the world, Banff is the ideal place to make new contacts, find production partners and green-light new projects.
Featuring in-depth spotlights on key international territories, pre-booked face-to-face meetings with industry decision makers, and unparalleled opportunities for networking with potential partners from across the globe, the Banff Marketplace is designed to help you create new development and production opportunities.
Banff delivers a comprehensive examination of the most critical issues facing the television and digital media industries. The Banff program features keynotes from industry leaders, contentious panel discussions,expert forecasts, celebrity Master Classes, critical case studies, key strategy sessions and more.
View the complete 2013 program http://banffmediafestival.com
As places are strictly limited (6 companies, one delegate per company), in applying you are engaging in a competitive process. The Irish Film Board will access applications based on the perceived readiness of an applicant company to gain the most from this networking event, based on the quality of your application, with regard to criteria 1-4 below.
1. Preference will be shown to applicant companies that have completed at least one official Irish-Canadian co-production under the bilateral treaty that exists between our two countries.
2. An applicant company should preferably be a client of the Irish Film Board, with at least one project in active development or in receipt of a production loan offer.
3. An applicant company should preferably have at least one TV project in active development with an Irish or international broadcaster.
4. The company representative joining the delegation should be a senior producer, production executive or development executive.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria, please email Naoise.Barry@IrishFilmBoard.ie by 6pm on Friday 26th April 2013, with your expression of interest. Emails received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please include “Banff Trade Mission Application” in the subject line, along with the following information in the body of your email:
1. Your company name.
2. The name of the participant from your company – maximum is 1.
3. The job title of the participant.
4. A detailed explanation of why you think participation in this trade mission will be of benefit to your company, addressing in detail each eligibility criteria 1-4 above. Ensure you supply details of the official Irish/Canadian co-productions that you have structured in the past.
5. Provide the title(s) of the project(s) in development with the IFB, Irish or international broadcaster that you believe can be furthered through Banff participation.
You will be informed of the success or otherwise of your application no later than Friday 3rd May 2013.