- Creating edited content ranging from programme inserts to entire programme across all programme genres
- Interpret programme briefs from programme personnel and deliver to the highest standard whilst ensuring all legal and journalistic guidelines are considered and adhered to
- Implementation and manipulation of basic sound/audio mixing and colour grading to ensure the desired output is achieved
- Working closely with the production team and other relevant departments within RTÉ
- 3rd level technical qualification in Television programme production
- Significant experience as a Video Editor in a live busy television environment is essential
- Experience in sound mixing, sound production process and animation creation and graphics
- Knowledge and familiarity of the television production process
- Excellent sense of pace and timing and have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills
The 48 Hour Film Project Dublin is now looking for a new Dublin Producer. This position is a great opportunity for someone who would like to gain valuable experience running their own leg of a worldwide film competition and festival, organize cool and exciting events and screenings for filmmakers, make contacts and help cultivate the local film community, and be a key component of one of the largest and most respected network of filmmakers and producers around the world.
The producer position has flexible hours that can supplement your existing employment or freelance work. Planning and work for the Dublin 48HFP would begin early next year. A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
experience in the independent film/media industry is a plus but not required
excellent organizational and communication skills
an existing network of personal and professional contacts with groups, businesses, and individuals in the film, media, and arts communities
previous festival and/or event planning experience
creativity and problem-solving skills
comfortable with technology (email, social media, Skype, Dropbox, Word software, etc.- experience in film & photo editing is a plus)
the willingness to put in the time and effort to make the 48HFP a great event for local filmmakers
The producer’s duties and expectations may include (but are not limited to) the following:
overall organization and on-site management of all local competition events including Kickoff & Dropoff, Premier and “Best Of” screenings, and industry networking events
outreach to individual filmmakers, film groups, professional organizations, arts groups, etc.
communication with participating filmmakers and adherence to all 48HFP rules, regulations, and standards
quick and regular communication with 48HFP HQ via email, Skype, phone, conference calls, and regular meetings
securing local sponsorship
maintaining financial/budgetary guidelines for all events, regular and concise use of 48HFP email lists, social media accounts, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
As anyone working in the film industry probably already knows, the work of the producer can be tough, intense, and often “thankless”, while still being one of the most exhilarating and rewarding experiences of your life. In addition to that experience, the 48HFP is happy to offer the following benefits:
revenue from filmmaker registration fees
net profits from screenings
revenue share of local cash sponsorships
free pass to Filmapalooza
film festival, communications/PR, social media/marketing, and other industry-related training opportunities
Producers pay a modest producer’s fee to the 48HFP for support, marketing, etc., payable upon completion of the project. It is a great way to meet filmmakers in your city and to make a name for yourself.
Please Note: City Producers are not eligible to participate in the 48 Hour Film Project.
If you’re interested, or know someone who is, fill out the online application at http://form.jotform.us/form/
48HFP are only able to answer applicants’ questions about this position, so please do not email questions until you have filled out the online application
Louise Kiely Casting have announced an open casting for leads in an upcoming feature film.
The Film will shoot in Spring/Summer 2016
Locations: East and possibly West Coast of Ireland.
DATE: SUNDAY 24th January 15
VENUE: FilmBase, Temple Bar
TIME: Doors 11am – 4pm
MALES: AGE: 14 – 20 YEARS OLD
FEMALES: AGE: 14 – 20 YEARS OLD
WHAT TO PREPARE: For this open casting, you need to learn a short scene off by heart before you come in. In order to receive the scene, please follow the simple steps below.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS of MINORS and anyone over AGE 18 should send an email with the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put NAME & SURNAME of Actor/Young Person in Subject Bar.
RECENT PHOTO – Head and Shoulders
DOCUMENT WITH THE FOLLOWING INFO:
1. Name and Surname of Actor
2. AGE and Date of Birth of Actor
3. Height of Actor in Centimetres
4. Address of Actor
5. Agent of Actor – if applicable
6. Name and Surname of Guardian
7. Email Address of Guardian
8. Phone Number of Guardian
9. Any acting experience of Actor
In return,Louise Kiely Casting will send you an email with the scene for the Actor to prepare.
Please note: All minors must be accompanied to the casting by an Adult. Louise Kiely Casting cannot deal directly with minors.
Closing date: February 29, 2016
Production Designers required with artistic, creative and technical experience in animated series and features.
About the Positions
Stiuideo Telegael are hiring a number of Production Designers with previous production experience in 2D animated series. Stiuideo Telegael are seeking portfolios/reels that show strong artistic, creative and technical understanding of human and not-so-human forms; a variety of styles; mouth charts, hand charts and turnarounds. Very strong knowledge and understanding of perspective is a must and should be shown in your previous work. While the current series is 2D Flash it would be an advantage to have worked on CGi series or features. Having worked as a location designer or possession of a strong location design portfolio would also be beneficial.
To start on 1st March 2016 at our Manor House studio, located at Stiuideo Telegael, Tully Industrial Estate, Baile na hAbhainn, Co. Galway
- Working with the Design Supervisor to create performable characters and props according to the style of the production.
- Translating character and prop descriptions from script/animatic to visual design.
- Creating model sheets for props and character turnarounds and mouth charts, expressions as required.
- Meeting the visual style of the show while working with archive materials from previous seasons.
- Creating assets and bringing them to final colour model stages, ready for animation production packs.
- 3+ years professional experience designing characters and props in Flash
- Have a strong drawing ability, both traditionally and digitally, and a solid sense of design for 2D animation
- Possess a high degree of proficiency in Photoshop and Flash
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation college is desirable
- Be able to work digitally (Photoshop, Flash etc. – After Effects would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable industry experience in design for CGi series and feature would be an asset
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension, dynamism and a great sense of colour
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively
- Be well organized with good time management skills
Email an up-to-date copy of your resume and a portfolio attachments / links to email@example.com
Please subject your email “Production Designer vacancies”.
For further information contact Yvonne Hennessy at Telegael on 091 558 600
Russell Curran Productions, one of Ireland’s leading commercials production companies, are looking to hire a production assistant:
This an entry level position. The role is varied and eclectic and would suit someone who is self-motivated, driven, flexible, and has a desire to learn about the production of TV commercials.
- The successful candidate will be:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Management of the company website and social networking
- Liaising with IT to ensure our computers are protected and backed up sufficiently
- Organise travel including booking transport, accommodation, meetings and dinners and managing the itineraries.
- PA to the owners of the company. Assisting them in whatever duties they require.
- Liaising with bookkeeper and accountant to ensure proper management of accounts
- Point of contact for crew and cast
- To include:
2. Production Research
- Visual research for director’s treatments
- General research for budgeting.
3. Production team support
- Preparing meeting documents
- Booking Crew and equipment
4. Skills needed:
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal in addition to strong phone skills.
- Knowledge of Macs to include Microsoft office.
- A knowledge of indesign / adobe would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills a must.
Send your CV and a cover letter to russellcurran @ icloud.com
- Deadline for applications – Friday the 8th of January 2016
Apply Now / Email: russellcurran @ icloud.com
Deadline: 8th January 2016
Egg VFX are currently hiring for a production that will kick start in early Jan. They are looking for all people from all disciplines from Pipeline TD’s, Animation Directors, Animators, Fur/ Groom experts, Lighting TD’s and Look Dev artists and compositors.
Various start dates, some immediate but most starting early January. Must be willing to relocate to Dublin.
Please send your latest reel and resume to vfxjobs @ egg.ie for consideration.
Various contract lengths available
Apply Now / Email: vfxjobs @ egg.ie
Deadline: 30th December 2015
Independent Pictures are looking for an experienced Production Coordinator/Production Assistant with a studio background.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience.
Please note this position is for 5 weeks only commencing January 5th. Applications by email only please.
Apply Now / Email: info @ independent-pictures.com
Deadline: 23rd December 2015