The inaugural Catalyst International Film Festival will open in Limerick in March 2020 presenting a film programme that prioritises stories and storytellers currently under-represented on screen and behind the camera. Led by Dr. Susan Liddy and Vanessa Gildea, the festival will endeavour to create a more inclusive industry and films screened at Catalyst will promote gender equality, diversity and inclusion whether in content, key creative roles or crew.
There will be panel discussions, workshops and Q&As where topical issues of the day will be enthusiastically debated with filmmakers, guest speakers, industry personnel and audience members. Catalyst International Film Festival believes that equality is key to enriching filmmaking and audiences and it is core to this festival.
The festival is now accepting submissions via Film Freeway:
More screenings and events to be announced.
The Catalyst Film Festival runs from 20-21st March in Limerick.
Submissions & Funding Deadlines
Film Festivals 2020 – Here & Abroad
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Story Campus DAY TWO Sunday, Feb 17th
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- April 15, 2013 ‘What Richard Did’ wins Best Film at the 32nd Istanbul International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – Broken
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.