Rachel Smyth & Kerrie Costello
In this Film Ireland podcast, ahead of the this year’s IndieCork (6 – 13 October), Gemma Creagh sat down with 2 filmmakers whose films are screening at the festival. Rachel Smyth’s film Pit Stop tells the story of one woman’s attempt to flee an abusive relationship. Kerrie Costello’s film Nina introduces us to Sarah as she returns to a house to pack up.
Pit Stop (Rachel Smyth)
11.30 @ The Gate
Pit Stop tells the story of one woman’s attempt to flee an abusive relationship. In a moment of need she is helped by a stranger at a petrol station.
Nina (Kerrie Costello & Julien Celin)
11.30 @ The Gate
Nina follows Sarah as she returns to a house to pack up. But the house reveals some dark memories, and they quickly begin to force their way into her mind…
Rachel Smyth is a recent graduate of TU Dublin’s film and broadcasting. With a love of telling stories and everything visual she has been DOP on four short films since 2018 with Pit Stop being her directing debut.’
Kerrie Costello & Julien Celin are Dublin based writer-directors working together under the moniker Colo Pictures
. They met in the post-production team of Brown Bag Films, and initially set out as writing partners, but that soon developed into directing together too. Their first film ‘Pins and Needles’ was an animated short for children, commissioned by RTE, and which aired on Christmas Eve 2018. Live action is their main focus however, and Nina is their second film together and their first foray into live action. They are currently developing their second third short film.
- October 28, 2015 Podcast Interview: Rachel Lysaght, Women In Film and Television Ireland & Dr. Jennifer O’Meara, Feminist Film Festival
- October 31, 2019 Gerard Mannix Flynn, Writer & Co-Director of ‘Land Without God’
- August 30, 2019 The Bleeding Pig Film Festival Roundtable Podcast
- July 19, 2017 Film Ireland Podcast: Episode 29 – The Thinking Man’s Apocalypse
- December 11, 2019 Aoife Crehan, Writer/Director of ‘The Last Right’
- September 19, 2019 The IFI Documentary Festival Roundtable Podcast
- August 19, 2019 The Dublin Feminist Festival: Filmmaker Carmen García & Programme Manager Dr Jennifer O’Meara
- July 11, 2016 Film Ireland Podcast: Episode 23
- December 31, 2018 Film Ireland Podcast: Episode 32 – Space Jesus & Sudden Male Nudity
- May 10, 2017 Film Ireland Podcast: Episode 28 – More Guns Less Talking