The Writers Guild of Ireland has announced the appointment of Hugh Farley as its new Director, following the departure of David Kavanagh.
The Guild is the representative body for writers in Ireland for stage and screen. Its 510 members write for film, television, radio, theatre, animation and games providing the basic foundation for employment in Ireland of tens of thousands of people.
Hugh Farley has been Series producer on ‘Ros na Rún’ and on ‘Red Rock’, has worked as a screenwriter and served on the Board of the Guild, and has extensive experience as a director.
He replaces David Kavanagh who has taken up the position of Executive Secretary of the Federation of Screenwriters in Europe.
- January 24, 2013 Fabricating Deceptions – TV3′s ‘Deception’ from Script to Screen
- January 29, 2013 Irish animation at Cartoon Movie
- January 21, 2013 Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 24, 2013 Commercial Radio Licensing: Expressions of Interest: Phase 2
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Assistant Professor in Screenwriting – Trinity College
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 Thaddeus O’Sullivan directs Silent Witness: ‘True Love Waits’ – screens on BBC Thursday evening
- April 19, 2016 Nominees for the ZeBBie Awards 2016 Announced
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed