Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland has partnered with the Canadian Embassy Dublin, Creative BC and CMPA (Vancouver) to bring a delegation of Irish producers to the Banff World Media Festival (9th – 12th June 2019) and Vancouver, BC (13th & 14th June 2019) with a particular emphasis on TV Drama.
BANFF WORLD MEDIA FESTIVAL (9th – 12th June)
The Banff World Media Festival (http://www.banffmediafestival.com/) takes place in Banff, Alberta, Canada from 9-12 June 2019.
Screen Ireland will provide support to up to 8 Irish production companies to participate at this networking event. Screen Ireland will cover the cost of accreditation to the festival in Banff and provide subsidy to alleviate the cost of travel and accommodation for the trip. This offer is available to one producer applicant per company, and we can sponsor a maximum of eight companies.
Celebrating its 40th year in 2019, BANFF has grown into a must-attend annual conference attracting over 250 international buyers and a wide-ranging cross-section of television and digital media professionals from around the world, BANFF delivers a comprehensive examination of the most critical issues facing the television and digital media industries through keynotes from industry leaders, contentious panel discussions, pre-booked Face-to-Face Meetings with industry decision-makers, expert forecasts, celebrity Master Classes, networking opportunities, critical case studies, key strategy sessions and more.
The 2019 program and speaker list will be announced soon and updates can be found here
VANCOUVER TRADE MISSION (13th – 14th June)
The eight producers will then travel to Vancouver, BC to attend B2B meetings and networking events. The trade mission will provide producers the opportunity to explore co-production possibilities with Canadian producers though events and meetings organised in collaboration with Creative BC and CMPA.
As places are strictly limited, in applying you are engaging in a competitive process. Screen Ireland will access applications with regard to criteria 1 – 3 below.
- An applicant company should have an active slate of TV projects with significant interest from an Irish/international broadcaster or SVOD operators pointing to commercial engagement.
- The company should have active relationships with Canadian co-producers and ideally have a track record of at least one official Irish/Canadian Co-Production.
- The company representative joining the delegation should be a senior producer, production executive or development executive.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you meet the criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th April 2019 with your expression of interest. Emails received after this deadline will not be considered.
Please include “Irish Delegation – Canada” in the subject line, along with the following information in the body of your email:
- Your company name.
- The name of the participant from your company – maximum is 1.
- The job title of the participant.
- The applicant company should set out its rationale for participating in the Trade Mission and a detailed explanation of why participation in the delegation will be of benefit to your company, addressing in detail each eligibility criteria 1-3 above. Ensure you supply details of any official Irish/Canadian co-productions that you have structured in the past.