Ten stories, three locations: Short Shorts brings international short films to the IFI
Event details: Monday 5 November, 6.30pm, IFI (free)
After screening at Galway Film Fleadh on 11 July, EUNIC’s Short Shorts from Europe Film Festival will make its second stop on 5 November at the Irish Film Institute (IFI). Seven from this collection of ten short films will compete for an audience award and each of EUNIC’s film festival partners will screen a nominated short.
Admission is free but booking is required @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having been awarded the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 label, Short Shorts brings to the public some of the best European short films across many diverse genres such as animation, drama and documentary. Through its selection, EUNIC Ireland showcases a variety of stories such as memories from the start of a love affair, the all too realness of photos, a humorous look at austerity in cities, and that familiar urban legend of the disappearance of socks.
The short films competing for an audience vote are:
- Pix by Sophie Linnenbaum (supported by the Goethe-Institut)
- Clanker Man by Ben Steiner & Dan Nixon (supported by the British Council)
- La primera vez que te vi by Guillermo Tirado & Daniel Tirado (supported by Instituto Cervantes Dublin / AECID)
- Made in France by Maxime Guerry, Brice Dublé, Lamia Akhbbarn, Robin Cioffi, Stanislas Gruenais & Alexia Portal (supported by the Alliance Française / The French Embassy)
- Time Traveller by Steve Kenny (supported by Culture Ireland)
- Abgestempelt (Punched) by Michael Rittmannsberger (supported by the Austrian Embassy)
- Here Cometh The Moon by Giulia di Battista & Gloria Kurnik (supported by Istituto Italiano di Cultura).
Short Shorts also brings three films out of competition to the IFI:
- My Mother Is My Priest by Linda Bhreathnach (supported by the Galway Film Fleadh)
- The Wedding Speech by Joe McStravick (supported by the Cork Film Festival)
- Páistí Ag Obair by Louis Marcus (supported by the Irish Film Institute).
EUNIC’s Short Shorts from Europe Film Festival will next screen at the Cork Film Festival on 12 November.