Lee Cronin’s directorial debut, The Hole In The Ground, will star Seána Kerslake (A Date For Mad Mary) as a young single mother who is trapped between rationality and the unexplained as she becomes convinced her little boy has been transformed by something sinister from the depths of a mysterious sinkhole.
John Keville and Conor Barry of Savage Productions will produce, with Benoit Roland of Wrong Men in Belgium and Ulla Simonen of MADE in Finland as co-producers. The film is to be funded by The Irish Film Board with the participation of Head Gear Films.
Shooting is due to get underway in the summer.
- March 1, 2019 Director / Co-Writer Lee Cronin & Actor Seána Kerslake, ‘The Hole in the Ground’
- March 1, 2019 Irish Film Review: The Hole in the Ground
- October 27, 2017 Lee Cronin’s ‘The Hole in the Ground’ Acquired for Distribution
- September 8, 2016 Video Interview: Seána Kerslake and Charleigh Bailey, A Date for Mad Mary
- January 11, 2019 ‘The Hole In The Ground’ in Cinemas March 1st
- October 22, 2014 ‘Ghost Train’ Nominated for Silver Méliès
- December 12, 2013 Lee Cronin’s ‘Ghost Train’ Pulls into Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival
- August 2, 2016 Podcast: Women in Film and Television Ireland @ Galway Film Fleadh
- January 28, 2019 ‘The Hole In The Ground’ Praised after World Premiere at Sundance
- January 30, 2014 Interview: Lee Cronin, writer/director of ‘Ghost Train’