This year’s Oscar nominations were announced today and featured 3 nominations for Irish talent.
Ruth Negga was nominated for Best Actress for her role in Loving, and Consolata Boyle for Best Costume Design for her work on Florence Foster Jenkins. This is Boyle’s second Oscar nomination following on from her 2008 nomination for The Queen.
Also the Irish co-production The Lobster was nominated for Best Original Screenplay.
The full list of nominations are here
- July 6, 2015 Interview: Consolata Boyle, Costume Designer
- January 18, 2016 National Film School Lecture Series: Consolata Boyle
- January 29, 2013 Irish animation at Cartoon Movie
- February 23, 2012 Live: Oscars® Coverage on Film Ireland
- February 19, 2015 Oscars: ‘Boyhood’ & ‘Birdman’
- August 5, 2011 Irish Actress Ruth Negga to Star as 007 Welsh Soul Legend Shirley Bassey in BBC Drama
- July 26, 2011 Smattering of Green amongst Guardian's 50 Oscar® Tips
- June 21, 2013 Cinema Review: World War Z
- December 4, 2009 Issue 131 – London Calling
- February 26, 2012 JDIFF 2012: In Darkness review