Galway City of Film have announced the return of the Short Film Commission Scheme a partnership scheme with RTÉ and Galway Film Centre. Writers are invited to submit a story idea and the best three ideas will be selected and receive a prize of €500 each. These three writers will go on to be mentored by an experienced Script Editor to bring their idea from a story outline to a finished script. From this, one script will be selected and made into a short film.
New and up-and-coming directors are also invited to submit a short CV to be selected through a competitive process to direct the winning script. The directors will be mentored by an experienced director through prep, casting right through to being supported on set
Producers and production companies are also encouraged to register for the scheme and will be selected on a CV and interview basis. Please note that director and producer teams are also encouraged to apply and will be interviewed together as a team.
- November 23, 2016 RTÉ and Galway Film Centre Short Film Commission
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Short Films
- January 28, 2013 Call For: Actors
- January 22, 2013 Call For: Animators/Lead Animators
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Drama Facilitator
- January 24, 2013 Call For: Entries for Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival
- February 1, 2013 Call For: Submissions for GAZE Film Festival 2013
- July 23, 2015 Call For: Writers for Short Film Commission Scheme