Ciarín Scott, the award-winning filmmaker will talk about her life, the diversity of her work and the differences in the art of making documentaries in the RDS Library on Tuesday 22nd November @ 18:30
Born in Dublin Ciarín is a Producer/Director,, whose works include, ‘In A House that Cased To Be’ (2014) winner of the 2015 Irish Film and Television Academy, Best Feature documentary about the Irish humanitarian and children’s rights activist Christina Nobel. ‘Waiting for the Light’ (2008) which is both a frank, funny as well as intensely moving portrait about the 85-year-old film auteur George Morrison (Mise Eire) under whom she once trained and the documentary about her father ‘Michael Scott – A Changing Man’ (2006).
From the time her first film ‘John and the Magic Music Man’, through ‘Rosc, The Poetry of Vision’, Ciarín has lived and excelled in the world of of Reel Images and Real Lives having also, for a time during the 80s and 90s, made 50 award-winning commercials before returning to documentary.
‘In a House that Ceased to Be’ won Best Documentary Feature, IFI Stranger than Fiction Film Festival
‘Michael Scott ‘ A Changing Man’ was nominated Best Arts Documentary at the Celtic Film Festival
‘Rosc, The Poetry of Vision’ received Special Gold Jury Prize at the Houston Film Festival, Silver Medal, NY Film TV Festival and Jury Award, International Festival of Art Films, Paris
‘John and the Magic Music Man’ won the SIlver Medal, NY Film and Television Festival and the Grand Prix, Bescancon Film Festival.
Booking details below or else at the entrance on the day:
- January 24, 2013 Report: JDIFF 2013 Launch
- September 24, 2008 George Morrison Retrospective to Open this Week
- September 1, 2014 ‘In A House That Ceased To Be’ Premieres at IFI
- January 4, 2016 DVD Review: In A House That Ceased To Be
- February 24, 2014 Galway Film Society and Amnesty International Women’s Day Film Screening
- January 23, 2013 Digital Biscuit: ‘Side by Side’ screening and Live Talk: The Digital Direction
- January 29, 2013 Volta announces content partnership with Artificial Eye
- February 7, 2013 IFTA Announce Guest Presenters & Special Musical Performance
- January 21, 2013 Digital Biscuit kicks off on Thursday
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre