Irish Film London have named the short film Adulting as the winner of this year’s prestigious Best Short Film Award. Adulting premiered at the Galway Film Fleadh earlier this year. The award was presented to the writer and co-director Linda Bhreathnach by Irish Film London’s founder and director Kelly O’Connor at a ceremony in the Irish Embassy London on Monday, 14th November.
Adulting will be screened during the Irish Film Festival London on Wednesday, 23rd November at 7.00 p.m. in Regent Street Cinema, London as part of the festival’s Best of Irish Short Films Programme.
Irish audiences will have the opportunity to see the film during the Cork Film Festival on Friday, 18th November as part of the ‘Irish Shorts 4: A Sense of Who We Are’ collection of short films in The Gate Cinema at 12.00 noon.
Speaking about the film writer Linda Bhreathnach says, “I wanted to do write something that was contemporary and that represented modern Irish women in a way that felt realistic and authentic to me.”
Adulting touches on the pressures of social media and modern life; the pressure to travel, have the ‘Perfect’ life and be ‘Happy’. It examines the anxiety that vast amounts of choice can sometimes create in contemporary life.
- September 19, 2016 Galway Filmmaker Linda Bhreathnach Wins Irish Screen America’s Rising Star Award
- February 9, 2016 Lenny Abrahamson Joins Irish Film London as Patron
- April 15, 2013 ‘What Richard Did’ wins Best Film at the 32nd Istanbul International Film Festival
- June 29, 2016 ‘Adulting’ Premieres @ Fleadh
- April 19, 2016 Report: Irish Film London, St. Patrick’s Film Festival 2016
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 23, 2013 ‘Men at Lunch’ in cinemas 1 – 7 February
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
Category: Awards, News