In this episode of The Actors’ Room, Lynn Larkin is joined by Maureen O’Connell.
Maureen has a Higher National Diploma in Film Production from Ballyfermot College & a BA in Acting from RADA, London.
Maureen has over 10 years experience as an actor & filmmaker. She has many theatre and tv credits to her name, most notably, ‘Mary’ in Juno & the Paycock alongside Niamh Cusack, and ‘Oonagh’ in BBC 1’s Father Brown alongside Mark Williams and James Fleet.
She has written and directed 3 short films, the most recent of which Proclaim! has just won the Best 1916 Centenary Short Film Award at Fingal Film Festival and Best Script at the Dublin International Short Film & Music Festival.
Maureen also teaches Acting at Filmbase.
Maureen is currently directing her first feature film.
- June 16, 2016 The Actors’ Room: Susan Barrett
- March 8, 2016 The Actors’ Room: Glenn Keogh
- November 16, 2016 The Actors’ Room: Eddie Jackson
- April 13, 2016 The Actors’ Room: John Connors
- March 1, 2016 Podcast: The Actors’ Room
- February 28, 2014 On the Reel at Jameson Cult Film Club screening of ‘Jaws’
- April 11, 2014 On The Reel Interview Steven O’Riordan, director of ‘No Limbs No Limits’
- April 26, 2016 Podcast: Capital Irish Film Festival 2016, Washington, D.C.
- September 15, 2016 WFT.I Podcast: Julie Ryan, Producer of ‘The Young Offenders’
- April 15, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with Niall Heery, writer/director of ‘Gold’
Category: Exclusives, Featured, Podcast, The Actors' Room, The Actors' Room