Crash and Burn
Irish documentaries Bobby Sands: 66 Days (Brendan J Byrne) and The Land of the Enlightened (Pieter-Jan De Pue) are competing for the Grand Jury Prize at this year’s Sheffield Doc/Fest for the festival’s while Mattress Men (Colm Quinn) and Crash and Burn (Seán Ó Cualáin) will also screen at the festival.
Short film The Grey Area (Jon Barton) has been nominated for the Student Documentary Award and Simon Fitzmaurice centred doc It’s Not Yet Dark (Frankie Fenton) and Bullock Rock (Joel Conroy) both feature at the Annual MeetMarket.
- January 28, 2014 6 Reasons You Should Go to Sheffield Doc/Fest
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 23, 2013 Call For: Next Generation Student Short Documentary Competition
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – Broken
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival