Key functions, duties and responsibilities.
Job Title: ADMINISTRATOR
Reports To: General Manager
The Administer will be responsible for the effective day to day running of Galway Film Centre & the UNESCO City of Film office, ensure effective organisation of events and training courses, assist with funding applications and work on all aspects of the company’s administration including budgets, marketing and public events.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- General Administration duties
- Assist in the scheduling of Courses/Projects
- Keep Company Policies and procedures up to date
- Website update, Social Media and other marketing related tasks
- Compile regular newsletter and maintain contact database for same.
- Completion of all Governance related returns
- Deal with Course/Event user Queries
- Stationery ordering, management & expenditure control
- Responsibility for ensuring adequate reception cover
- Assist with training/event travel & hotel bookings
- Admin support for General Manager and Training & Event Manager including Diary Management, dealing with correspondence, travel arrangements, & meeting organization & support
- Maintain and update quality files, Health & Safety files and carry out quality checks from time to time.
- Liaise with graphic designer.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by management /Board
- This is a full time position, which from time to time may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Full Driving Licence desirable.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Starting Salary will range from 30K to 33K.
- All staff will work within the philosophy of Galway Film Centre which is a members based organisation, a resource organisation for filmmakers, and administers the UNESCO City of Film designation.
- The position is subject to funding being available and is a fixed term for 3 years.
- There is an initial probationary period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be solution driven at all times and demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills. The administrator will be able to plan their work and work within agreed targets. Attention to detail, commitments to good practice and adherence to quality is essential as is a positive attitude. We are seeking someone who has:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages, Dropbox, Mailchimp, WordPress etc
- Competence in all social media
- Marketing Experience desirable
- Capable of multi-tasking and working to deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines
- Organized and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with people at all levels in the organization
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Evidence of personal commitments to ongoing Professional development
- Previous experience of working in Film/ Arts area/ not for profit would be an advantage but not essential
Closing Date 10th June 2016