Written, directed and produced by Maureen O’Connell, Proclaim! is set in Dublin, 1916. It is Easter Week. Tension is mounting between the British Forces that govern Ireland and Irish rebels led by Thomas Clarke, James Connolly, Padraig Pearse and others. Connolly asks printers Molloy, O’Brien & Brady to print out over 2000 copies of an Irish Proclamation in one night and in secret. They don’t have enough type. They don’t have enough wax. They don’t have enough paper.
Can they do it?
The film features Paul Ward, Brian Murphy and Daniel Mahony.
If you’d like to be a part of this project, visit
- March 29, 2019 Maureen O’Connell, Writer/Director of ‘Proclaim!’
- January 24, 2013 Fabricating Deceptions – TV3′s ‘Deception’ from Script to Screen
- October 13, 2016 The Actors’ Room: Maureen O’Connell
- January 23, 2013 Thaddeus O’Sullivan directs Silent Witness: ‘True Love Waits’ – screens on BBC Thursday evening
- January 25, 2013 National Film School Lecture Series: Rebecca O’Brien
- January 29, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – Broken
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Marketing & Communications Assistant at IFI
- January 29, 2013 Irish animation at Cartoon Movie