Adam McPartlan was at the Capital Irish Film Festival 2016 and talked to some of the filmmakers.
Director Alex Fegan and producer Garry Walsh of Older Than Ireland – a landmark documentary that tells the story of a hundred years of a life as seen through the eyes of thirty Irish centenarians.
Rachel Lysaght, producer of Traders – two strangers put all of their money into one bag and fight to the death to claim it all.
Donncha Gilmore, director/writer of Bonsoir Luna (pictured) – an Irish-language musical, which tells the story of Duke, a street artist, and Luna, a blind barista, who fall in love.
Paddy Hayes, director of Deoch an Dorais (Name Your Poison) – the legend Mike Malloy, the man who wouldn’t die.
Eileen Davis and David Dryden, co-directors of Together in Pieces – the infamous murals of Northern Ireland that have plagued both communities are being painted over into something more positive.
The Capital Irish Film Festival 2016 took place 3 – 16 March.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Soundcloud
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to the Film Ireland RSS feed
- February 17, 2015 Capital Irish Film Festival: Audio Interview with producer Dave Farrell & actor Colin Farrell of ‘A Terrible Beauty’
- March 4, 2016 Q&A: David Dryden and Eileen Walsh, co-directors of ‘Together in Pieces’
- February 11, 2015 Capital Irish Film Festival: Audio Interview with Anne Anderson, the 17th Ambassador of Ireland to the United States
- February 16, 2015 Capital Irish Film Festival: Audio Interview with Sinéad O’Brien, director of ‘Blood Fruit’
- July 1, 2015 IFI Ireland on Sunday Interview: Sinéad O’Brien, director of Blood Fruit
- February 10, 2015 Capital Irish Film Festival: Audio Interview with Paddy Meskell, Chairman of the Board of Solas Nua
- November 23, 2015 Irish VFX + Animation Summit Podcast: Paul Timpson, Visual Effects Artist
- February 8, 2017 Podcast: Interview with Grainne Humphreys, ADIFF 2017 Festival Director
- May 9, 2017 Podcast: Irish Film Festival Boston
- February 15, 2016 Podcast Interview: Grainne Humphreys, ADIFF Festival Director