Moe Honan of Moetion Films is part of a panel that will focus on countries with limited size and/or little public support for the financing of their shows at this year’s Cartoon Business, which takes place 21 – 23 March in Utrecht.
The event will look into details at how the fast-evolving animation market is reshaping the business of financing, distributing and exploiting animation programmes.
Business leaders, experienced producers from small and big companies, broadcasters and new ‘animation’ partners such as toy companies, book publishers, etc. will be in Utrecht to share best practices, original case studies, vision and focus on:
- Keynote on the industry from Jacques Bled (TBC), CEO of Illumination-Mac Guff (US-FR), producer of ‘Despicable me’, ‘Minions’
- Business strategies and how to grow your business: Gabriele M. Walther (Caligari Film- undFernsehproduktion-DE), Phil Chalk (Factory Transmedia-UK), Clément Calvet (Superprod-FR)
- Putting your creative skills at the service of toy companies and digital platforms: Keith Chapman (Keith Chapman Productions-UK), Robert Jaszczurowski (GS Animation-POL)
- Inspirational talk from Phil Davies (Astley Baker Davies-UK), producer of worldwide success ‘Peppa Pig’ on how creativity and business can ensure longevity to shows
- Creating and monetising new formats, stories specifically for the online kids audience: Julien Borde (France Télévisions-FR), Cédric Petitpas (Google/YouTube-EU), Tom van Waveren (CAKE Entertainment-
NL/UK), Jesse Cleverly (Wildseed Studios-UK)
- Raising equity and private investment: Cathal Gaffney (Brown Bag Films)
- Focus on Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Spain and the Netherlands: countries with limited size and/or little public support for the financing of their shows: Frank Mosvold (Kool Produktion-NOR), Cristina Brandner(Neptuno Films-ES), Sarita Christensen(Copenhagen Bombay-DK), Moe Honan (Moetion Films-IRL), Bruno Felix (Submarine-NL), Michael Snijders (Il Luster-NL), …
- From 21 March (evening) to 23 March 2016(evening)
- Venue: Filmtheater ‘t Hoogt, Utrecht (Netherlands)
- Cost: 500 EUR incl. meals (2 dinners, 2 lunches and 4 coffee breaks)
- Online registration: Go to the online form (My Cartoon > My Registrations > Cartoon Business 2016) before 7 March 2016