RTÉ, Ireland’s Public Service Media Organisation, is a distinctive cross-media leader, providing comprehensive and cost-effective media services which are impartial and to the highest standards.
RTÉ Television currently has a number of vacancies for experienced Video Editors in the Television Operations division. Reporting to the Head of Operations – Production, the successful post holder(s) will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for release and/or live broadcast. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
The main duties of the role include but are not limited to;
- Creating edited content ranging from programme inserts to entire programme across all programme genres
- Interpret programme briefs from programme personnel and deliver to the highest standard whilst ensuring all legal and journalistic guidelines are considered and adhered to
- Implementation and manipulation of basic sound/audio mixing and colour grading to ensure the desired output is achieved
- Working closely with the production team and other relevant departments within RTÉ
Successful applicants should posses the following:
- 3rd level technical qualification in Television programme production
- Significant experience as a Video Editor in a live busy television environment is essential
- Experience in sound mixing, sound production process and animation creation and graphics
- Knowledge and familiarity of the television production process
- Excellent sense of pace and timing and have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills
Candidates must be proficient in the Avid Interplay system and Avid Media Composer and have a working understanding of Protools. Candidates will also be expected to work under pressure as many of the programmes are live or near live. The successful post holders should also possess a technical creative flare with strong visual skills and a keen eye for graphic content.
Video Editors work a shift pattern which includes weekends and public holidays and have a 7 day liability and flexibility is also essential.
Applicants are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter (attach as one document) via the online application process
The salary range for this position is €39,747 – €60,493 and will be offered on an ongoing employment basis.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday, 29th January 2016.
RTÉ is an equal opportunities employer.