Jonathan Victory chatted to Mill+ Director Aidan Gibbons at the recent Irish VFX + Animation Summit.
Aidan Gibbons is a Mill+ Director working out of the London studio. Aidan moved into Direction after working as a senior member of The Mill’s 3D team, where he was a CG lead, and has led artists on a number of high profile advertising campaigns for Lexus, Santander and Brother. Most recently Aidan has directed commercials for Lexus ‘Geneva Motorshow,’ Ssang Yong ‘Tivoli’ and Jaguar ‘ACST’.
His other creative highlights as a CG artist include, Guinness Music Machine, Audi Economy Drive and O2 Broadband’s Niggles and Narks.
Aidan is also noted for having created a number of short films, including Diversion, which went on to win Best VFX at the Global Student Animation Awards.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Soundcloud
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to the Film Ireland RSS feed
Check out our other podcasts from the Irish VFX + Animation Summit:
Paul Timpson, Visual Effects Artist
Andy Hayes, Head of FX at Framestore
Mark Ardington, Animator, Rigger/TD, Animation Director & VFX Supervisor
Stuart Sumida, Professor of Biology
- December 15, 2015 Irish VFX + Animation Summit Podcast: Stuart Sumida, Professor of Biology
- November 23, 2015 Irish VFX + Animation Summit Podcast: Paul Timpson, Visual Effects Artist
- December 2, 2015 Irish VFX + Animation Summit Podcast: Andy Hayes, Head of FX at Framestore
- May 30, 2016 Podcast Interview: Katie Holly, producer ‘Love & Friendship’
- February 5, 2016 Podcast Interview: Michael Kinirons, co-writer of ‘Strangerland’
- February 19, 2017 Podcast: Interview with Emer Reynolds, Director of ‘The Farthest’
- September 4, 2015 Video Interview: M. Night Shyamalan, writer/director of ‘The Visit’
- June 5, 2014 Podcast Interview: Actors Barry Ward & Simone Kirby – ‘Jimmy’s Hall’
- November 9, 2015 Podcast Interview: John Crowley, director Of ‘Brooklyn’
- November 11, 2016 Podcast: Interview with Johnny O’Reilly, writer/director of ‘Moscow Never Sleeps’