The Irish Film Institute wishes to appoint a Programme Delivery Officer to work in their busy Irish Film Programming (IFP) Department on a part-time three year fixed term contract. The successful applicant will have a Film Editing / Post-production qualification; experience in project delivery within tight production deadlines; and a strong interest in Irish Film – both contemporary and archival.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday October 26th, 2015
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Job Description : Programme Delivery Officer
Reporting to: Head of Irish Film Programming
Key Relationships: IFI Director, Head of Irish Film Programming, IFI International Coordinator, IFI Irish Film Archive Staff, Projection Staff, Exhibitors, Filmmakers
Purpose of Role: To assist the IFI Curator and the IFI International Coordinator in facilitating access to Irish film for Irish and international exhibitors; to deliver programmes of Irish material (both contemporary and archival) for presentation through IFI International , IFI National and other Irish Film Programming strands in IFI and further afield; to provide technical support to the IFP department; to catalogue and maintain IFP collections; to assist with other activities of the IFP Department as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Programme Delivery Officer will be responsible for:
- Liaising with IFP colleagues to identify, source, digitise and create Irish film programmes for presentation in IFI and elsewhere.
- Delivering programmes in a range of formats as required by exhibitors to include digi-beta, Blu-ray, DVD, DCP and other digital formats.
- Compiling programmes using IFI’s digital editing system
- Complying with Archive’s Collections Management and Access Procedures
- Maintenance of IFP Collections Database using Inmagic CS/Textworks 10
- Liaising with exhibition partners to ensure format and equipment compatibility
- Liaising with filmmakers to source materials for IFP programme
- Managing schedule of work in an efficient manner.
- Identify IFP equipment needs and advising and supporting members of IFP team with their exhibition-related technical requirements.
- Actively engage with developments in Digital Media Acquisition and Management systems within the Archive, embracing relevant in-house and external training opportunities where appropriate;
- Contributing to programming activity within IFP Dept. as required
- Providing administrative support to IFP colleagues as required
- Communicating formally and informally with IFP, Archive and IFI Projection colleagues to ensure efficient management of activity.
- Promote the IFI’s position as national agency with responsibility for promotion of Irish film through maintenance of excellent standards in film presentation.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of national and international practice in digital editing and best film presentation practise.
- Contribute to a positive working environment through teamwork, skills sharing and open communication
- Undertake various administrative duties as required
An ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A qualification and experience in use of Final Cut Pro, Avid or equivalent filming editing tools
- Film or Media Studies qualification and/or experience
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong literacy
- Familiarity with computer database systems