Blinder Films are seeking applicants for a producer on a current affairs-driven entertainment series.
The role requires the Producer to work closely with leading comedy talent, station executives, and key production staff across the duration of the television project. The work will include shaping hard-hitting, funny satirical content, and managing a complex and fast-changing production operation.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Identifying relevant current targets for a political satire programme.
- Working closely with the lead creative talent on the overall tone, style and message of the programme.
- Liaising with RTE management on all content issues that may arise, including libel, taste and decency, quality, and fairness.
- Liaising with a large team of writers, leading meetings and commissioning scripts.
- Regularly working with the programme’s legal advisors on issues such as copyright, libel, and indemnification.
- Managing the news research process, which is essential to the programme. This involves choosing research areas, with clearly-defined targets, and passing the research on to writers in a very clear format.
- Filtering and editing large quantities of submitted scripts.
- Negotiating contracts with key writing and acting talent.
- Communicating production information and requirements clearly to other production staff, and working with them on devising shoot schedules.
- Liaising with the archive research team to ensure that, over a period of several months, a large range of archive material is transferred to the post house in a smooth and highly-organised fashion.
- Working with other core team members on the editing process.
- Liaising with various RTE departments on publicity strategy for the programme.
- Strong knowledge of current affairs, including political, sporting and cultural issues, is essential.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience working in television
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and other related products a positive.
Please send applications via email and do not phone about this position.
Apply Now / Email: applications @ blinderfilms.com
Deadline: 14th October