The Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Heather Humphreys TD [pictured] has announced her intention to put legislation in place to change the name of the Irish Film Board to Screen Ireland.
Minister Humphreys said, “The Irish Film Board is our premier agency for promoting and supporting the audio visual sector. Its work extends far beyond the traditional realm of ‘film’ and encompasses the domestic and international TV sector, as well as our growing animation sector. The Irish audio visual sector has been going from strength to strength in recent years, and I believe there is huge capacity for growth. I want the agency tasked with expanding the sector further to have a name that easily communicates its responsibilities”.
- January 31, 2020 Launch of Screen Ireland’s 2020 Slate of 40 Film, TV and Animation Productions
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival
- December 19, 2019 Review of Irish Film @ Cork Film Festival 2019: Screen Ireland World Premiere Shorts
- May 21, 2019 Ireland & Luxembourg Launch Women-Focused Development Fund
- May 21, 2019 Four Films Selected for the Next Stage of POV
- September 15, 2014 Irish Film Board Scholarship offered at The National Film School, IADT
- December 10, 2009 The Irish Film Board Comment on the 2010 Budget Allocation
- June 30, 2011 Large quantity of documents donated to Film Archive
- March 2, 2009 Ireland to Sign Co–Production Agreement with Hungary
- September 3, 2009 Writing Comedy For The Screen: IFB Event at Dingle Film Festival