Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time fixed term position as an archivist employed by the Irish Film Archive (IFA), but based in part in the National Library of Ireland (NLI). The candidate will undertake an assessment of the collection and to catalogue it to archival standards with a view to making this archive one of the primary sources for the history of film-making and cinema in Ireland available to researchers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full cataloguing / processing of the Liam O’Leary collection to archival standards
- Contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures which will ensure long term preservation and access to the collection
- Identification of material that requires conservation work and making recommendations for future archival storage and preservation of non document materials
- Assisting in the promotion of the collection eg. through publication, online and presentations
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time
Click here for a complete Job Description (PDF).
Closing Date: Friday July 17th 2015 at 5pm