TV3 Broadcast Division has an immediate vacancy for a Camera Operator. The post holder will report to the Camera Supervisor.
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming (which may include tripods, lighting, cables leads etc)
• Offering advice on how best to shoot a scene and explaining the visual impact created by particular shots
• Planning shots where time permits and especially where there may be only one chance to get things right so shots will need meticulous planning
• Practicing camera moves where time permits
• Finding solutions to technical problems
• Finding solutions to practical problems (for an outside broadcast for example, taking into account the natural light conditions)
• Working quickly as timing is such an important factor
• Taking sole responsibility for filming where filming alone
• Keeping up to date with filming methods and equipment
• Maintaining equipment
• Demonstrating a good awareness of health and safety issues
• Driving crew etc to and from locations where required
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Should be a self-starter and display innovation regarding best cost-efficient practices to ensure high quality output
• Will have a reasonable knowledge of technical and practical operations
• Will have an aptitude for immediate logistics problem solving and pre-planning.
• Will display an attention to detail and possess excellent administration skills.
• Will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Will have the ability to work well under pressure
• Will have a passion for camera work
Interested applicants should email their current CV, together with a cover letter to denise.murphy @ tv3.ie to arrive no later than 4.30pm on Friday 3 July 2015.
Please put “Camera Operator” in the subject line of your email.