The 15th Irish Film Festival, Boston took place over four days from 19 – 22 March 2015 at the Somerville Theatre, Davis Square. Alexis Sullivan, a student at Boston College, attended the festival and talked to some of the filmmakers who were there presenting their films.
In this podcast Alexis talks to Trevor Birney, co-director of INEZ: A Challenging Woman and Vinny McCormack, Inez’s husband. INEZ: A Challenging Woman is a 33-minute documentary that explores the life and legacy of the internationally renowned and hugely influential human rights and trade union activist Inez McCormack.
INEZ: A Challenging Woman screened at the Irish Film Festival, Boston as part of the New Irish Shorts Program on Sunday, 22nd March 2015.
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Soundcloud
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to the Film Ireland RSS feed
Read Evan Short’s article on Susan McKay, who interviewed Inez for the film, and discussed the documentary with Nicola Browne, from Participation and the Practice of Rights – a campaigning group set up by Inez.
- April 11, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with Dawn Morrissey, Festival Director
- April 28, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview Bríona Nic Dhiarmada, co-producer of ‘Mairéad Farrell: Comhrá nár Chríochnaigh’
- April 20, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with Paul Murphy, writer/director of ‘The Weather Report’
- April 15, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with Niall Heery, writer/director of ‘Gold’
- April 17, 2015 Irish Film Festival, Boston: Audio Interview with director Aoife Kelleher & producer Rachel Lysaght of ‘One Million Dubliners’
- May 26, 2015 Report: Irish Film Festival, Boston
- May 9, 2017 Podcast: Irish Film Festival Boston
- November 24, 2014 Inez McCormack: A Challenging Woman
- March 23, 2017 Podcast: Capital Irish Film Festival
- November 23, 2015 Irish VFX + Animation Summit Podcast: Paul Timpson, Visual Effects Artist