Rory O’Neill, also known as Panti Bliss, is the subject of a new documentary currently in production.
The Queen of Ireland follows Rory’s journey from the small Mayo town of Ballinrobe to striding the world stage. Directed by filmmaker and photographer Conor Horgan (One Hundred Mornings, Deep End Dance, The Beholder), the film builds up a multi-faceted picture of a complex and compelling character through behind the scenes footage, archive, music and interviews with friends, peers and protégés.
You can support the film’s completion on indiegogo.com, which and will run for 45 days until September 15th 2014. The film is due to be finished in Spring 2015, following the referendum on Marriage Equality.
For updates on the progress of the documentary, check it out on facebook and twitter and youtube.
- September 25, 2015 ‘The Queen Of Ireland’ Set for Cinemas
- October 21, 2015 Irish Film Review: The Queen of Ireland
- October 24, 2015 Video Interview: Rory O’Neill, The Queen of Ireland
- October 30, 2015 Interview: Conor Horgan, director of ‘The Queen of Ireland’
- January 22, 2013 A Mayo Ciné-Concert at the Linenhall Arts Centre
- July 30, 2015 Irish Films in Cinema 2015
- January 23, 2013 Shooting Wraps on ‘The Last Fare’
- June 9, 2010 ‘The Cup of Tears’ to become a Feature
- January 21, 2013 ‘Derelict’ set for US premiere at Chicago Irish Film Festival
- January 24, 2013 Call For: Entries for Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival