Limerick November 6 – 9, 2014
The Closing Date for film submissions to Light Moves festival of screendance is fast approaching. Closing on August 1st, Light Moves has invited filmmakers, choreographers and video artists to submit screendance works for consideration for their forthcoming 2014 programme of dance film and video art with movement as a central theme. The Festival will take place November 6 – 9 2014 at the Dance Limerick Daghdha space in Limerick, Ireland. Submissions can be made via the website www.lightmoves.ie and the submission deadline is August 1st. Light Moves will award a range of prizes to both established and student works for works submitted via the open call. Full details are available at: http://www.lightmoves.ie.
Works considered shall include:
• Long films exceeding 20 minutes duration to be presented in a cinematic context.
• Short films not exceeding 20 minutes duration to be presented in a cinematic context.
• Short films and video art to be presented on individual displays in a gallery/installation context.
Works for the cinematic context will be presented at scheduled screenings with the facility to screen in HD, up to 2.39 widescreen and in stereo or 5.1 surround sound.
Light Moves welcomes works that embrace dance and all forms of movement through the art of film and video art. Submissions that attend to the unique potential of cinematography and sound as well as alternate forms such as animation and computer modeling will all be considered. Dance documentary films are welcome. Whilst previously screened works are accepted, particular consideration will be given to recent works in the selection process.
Final Film Submission Deadline: August 1st.
Submissions can be made through the website. Please read the Terms & Conditions on the website www.lightmoves.ie prior to submitting your film.
Entrance fees are as follows:
• Standard Fee: €20 (Deadline for submissions is August 1st 2014)
• Early Bird Fee: €15 (Deadline for early bird submissions is July 1st)
• Student Fee: €10 (Deadline August 1st 2014. Please indicate affiliation in submission)