Illustration: Adeline Pericart
Brown Bag Films are currently looking for a Head of Post Production with a proven track record for delivery in a high tech and creative Production environment. Working within a highly dynamic and creative business environment, this role is a key appointment for the business and offers the right candidate a wonderful opportunity to join an exciting high growth company.
Head of Post Production
The Head of Post Production will be responsible for the day to day and overall strategic development of the Post Production Department. The primary function of this role is to insure that the department stays within budget and on schedule while maintaining the highest technical and creative standards.
- Over 5 years in a responsible post production role, high-tech and creative environment is an advantage
- Previous experience successfully operating in a strategic leadership role highly desirable
- Strong people management skills
- Prior experience with animation is an advantage
- Must be highly motivated and used to working in a dynamic and very busy environment
- Good negotiating skills and experience dealing with venders
- Must have experience working with a budget with a high level financial literacy
- Good working knowledge of the Post Production Process is an advantage
Leadership & Strategy
- Provide leadership and direction to the managers within the dept
- Represent the dept at management level
- Strategy for the dept –Audio and picture post strategy for the next 3 years
- Managing the department from HR perspective
- Managing the overall budget for the department
- Overview schedules for the year
- Scheduling of the post team-assigning resources to projects in conjunction with the Post Supervisor
- Ensure overall deadlines and schedules are met.
- Communicating with production and clients updating on progress and series status.
- Liaising with clients and outside facilities regarding all key matters
- Troubleshooting post problems and issues
- Liaising with the Technical departments to ensure that your department needs are met
Brown Bag Films – Post Department
The post department in Brown Bag films handles all the post needs for Brown Bag projects only. We do not take on post work from other studios .We work with other facilities when we do not have the capacity to handle the volume of work needed on our shows .
The current set up is as follows
- 10 Offline edit systems _Final Cut Pro
- 3 online systems – Smoke
- 1 Audio mixing suite
- 2 Audio assistant stations
- 1 QC and encoding suite
- 10 production staff dedicated to dept
Contract: Fixed Term for 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 30th May 2014
Salary –dependant on experience
Please send cv to email@example.com