Aisling Gheal (Bright Vision) has been selected to represent Ireland in the 19th European Film Festival of India
The festival will tour 10 cities across India from March to July and features one film selected from each of the EU countries.
The Festival is organized by the Delegation of the European Union to India, Embassies of member states of the European Union and in conjunction with many partnering organisations throughout India.
Director Dónal Ó Céilleachair said: “We are honoured to learn that the sound of the songs of the sean-nós will be drifting through the air of cities like Delhi and Goa this Spring and Summer; somehow we do not think they will seem so out of place; likeancient tunes following their ancestral songlines and completing their pre-destined journeys back home”.
For full information Visit:
- January 23, 2013 7th Guth Gafa International Documentary Film Festival finds new home in Malin, Co. Donegal
- January 22, 2014 ‘Aisling Gheal’ Screens at Tradfest
- September 23, 2013 Competition: Win tickets to ‘Aisling Gheal’ at IFI Stranger Than Fiction Documentary Film Festival
- September 25, 2013 Preview of Irish Film at IFI Stranger Than Fiction: Aisling Gheal
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions
- January 30, 2013 IFI International promotes Irish film across Europe during Ireland’s EU Presidency
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- January 23, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Guests and Screenings Confirmed
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 22, 2013 Actors Killian Scott and Kelly Campbell launch programme for the 2013 Jameson Dublin International Film Festival