Simon O’Neill’s short film Tell Me About Yourself has been selected as one of 10 finalists in the Hrabal PUBlished competition organised by the Budapest Short Film Festival in Hungary.
Devised to celebrate the centenary of the birth of Czech author Bohumil Hrabal, the competition was open to films on any theme that the judges felt reflected the life, work or style of the famous writer. Prizes on offer include €1,000, a weekend in Prague or Budapest and a barrel of beer!
Tell me about yourself, which stars Guy Fearon & Samia Rida, is the story of a struggling actor’s frustrating attempts to record an audition video. The film was shot entirely on an iPhone (4S) and has already won the Best International Film & Best Actor awards at the 3rd Olleh Smartphone Film Festival in Seoul, South Korea.
Tell Me About Yourself will be broadcast as part of RTE’s Shortscreen series on April 21st.
- April 17, 2014 ‘Tell Me about Yourself’ on Shortscreen Easter Monday
- April 17, 2013 Vote for ‘Tell me about yourself’ in the Olleh Smartphone Film Festival International Competition in South Korea
- April 22, 2013 Lights, Smartphone, Action – Irish director wins Best International Film at the 3rd Olleh Smartphone Film Festival
- June 17, 2014 Vote for ROFLMAO in #VOFF2
- September 9, 2014 ‘Open Mic’ Screens in France
- January 23, 2013 Irish Folk Furniture, directed by Tony Donoghue, wins prize for Best Animation at Sundance Film Festival.
- January 29, 2013 Irish Short Wins Best Comedy award at 2012 Vacaville International Film Festival
- January 22, 2013 ‘Small Time’ takes Audience Award at Seattle’s Science Fiction + Fantasy Short Film Festival Seattle
- February 1, 2013 JDIFF 2013: Preview – The Good Man
- January 29, 2013 Call For: Freshly Squeezed International Student Short Film Festival open for online submissions